Okay, I’ve been thinking some more, truly annoying, but there it is. I’ve decided that 2006 will be the year of 12′s. My lists will all try to contain 12 of something, one for each month. Bite size pieces, if you will.
Here is the start of my book list for 2006:
- I Lucifer, the Other Side of the Story – Glen Duncan
- Inkheart – Cornelia Funke
- Eragon – Christopher Paolini
- Herding Cats – Trent Lott
- Selfish Gene – Richard Dawkins
- Things as They Are – Guy Vanderhaeghe
- One for the Road – Tony Horwitz
- The DaVinci Code – Dan Brown (I just need to know what all the brewhaha is about!)
- Fionavar Tapestry – Guy Gavriel Kay (This is technically a trilogy but I like to reread it every couple of years. Love it)
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou (I’m going to hear her speak in May!)
Okay, that’s my start. Two more to go.
Some other 12′s:
- 12 more credits (four courses) towards the degree. I’m thinking two Philosophy courses and two sociology courses.
- The previously noted sock a month.
- The also previously noted two pounds a month.
So, there you have it. A year. All laid out and fresh, like clean sheets. I love that feeling, the sheets and the fresh year!