Right, picture intensive blog entry to follow. Not a lot of time to spare from knitting so let’s do this in point form:
1. Close up of the hornet’s nest. There is something so organic and creepy about this that it makes me puke in my mouth just a little bit. Don’t know what it is, but that’s how it makes me feel. I think it might be the way it seems to be consuming the Rhododendron tree that it was residing in. Feels like waspy urban sprawl or something.
2. What the f*ck was the former owner of our house thinking? We finally decided what we wanted to start on with the renovations. We knew we had some form of wood floors under the carpet in the livingroom but we weren’t sure how good/bad/nasty/indifferent it was. So we ripped up a small section by the front door. Why yes, that does appear to be a huge pee stain from some sort of animal. Oh, and did I mention that he nailed down EVERY SINGLE BOARD at EVERY SINGLE JOIN with TWO INCH LONG CRAPPY NAILS! Okay, okay, rant over. But the floor is shot and crappy so it would appear that some form of laminate is going to happen. Right, off to Ikea to have a look see.
3. We both liked the Kvist. What are the odds that we would like the same thing? Unfortunately, we did like different colours. I like the darker, baby likes the lighter. Here they are, side by side. We bought one box of each and brought them home to lay out and make an informed decision, for once. I’ve almost got him talked into the one I prefer, on the left.
4. Look at the pretty scarf lounging on the pretty floor! Come on, say it with me. Oooooooooooo!!!!!!! Yep, I’m in love. Idea shamelessly stolen from Hello Yarn. I love this look and I finally get to use up some of the Kureyon single skeins I bought just because they were pretty and I “needed” them. I’m not making a stash, I’m working on a yarn collection.
5. Oh, and as a bonus, I also bought 16 skeins of Zara on Ebay to make the Coral Crossing sweater. Hear that? That’s the sound of a Visa screaming. I have an absolute crush on this sweater. I think I’m going to leave out the front pockets though.
Okay, that’s it from me. I’m going to go make a cup of tea and knit on my scarf and pray for fall to arrive and give me some rain. This whole summer thing is killing me!