Oh wait, you can.
It’s been hot here again and tonight I was sitting outside, enjoying an early evening breeze, and minding my own business, doing a little knitting, listening to an audiobook, when all of sudden I was set upon by a hoard of little black flies. Not the biting kind (thankfully), not fruit flies or midges or mosquitoes, just a swarm of little black flies. I probably could have handled it if they had just you know, flown around, but no. They all wanted to land. On my bare feet and legs. Shudder.
Needless to say I’m back in the rather warm house typing to you instead of finishing off my almost finished February Lady sweater. One more sleeve to go and I’m out of there! What you see above is all the stuff that I feel is absolutely necessary to take out to the deck with me.
- at least two baskets of knitting, minimum three projects
- one ipod loaded to bursting with books, podcasts, and music
- various patterns, pens, scissors, and other tools of the knitting trade
- hiding in the basket on the right are various skeins of sock yarn just waiting for inspiration to hit so that they might become socks
- cool refreshing beverage (this one is club soda mixed with one of those splenda sweetened ice tea singles thingies. Make sure you mix the ice tea thingie with a bit of water and then add that into the club soda. If you pour the club soda on top you get a really cool volcano in a glass. Sorry, there are no picis of that particular learning experience.
- hiding in the basket on the left is a book I’m currently reading
I’ve never been able to pack light. How can I? What if I need such and such? How will I survive (in the yard a mere 20 metres from the house) without it? You should see me pack for a trip. Crazymaking.
I’m currently listening to Obedience by Will Lavender. I’m not sure if it’s the narrator or the story or what but I don’t think I’m having a good time. Not a bad enough time that I’ve given up, but not a good enough time that I can’t wait to find out what happens next. Know what I mean? It’s like I’ve gone to the theatre to see, oh I don’t know, say an all singing, all dancing, all shirtless Lord of the Rings spin off (hello Sean Bean!) but it was sold out. So now I’m in the theatre next door watching a remake of Howard the Duck starring Rob Schneider (in a duck suit, obviously) and Lindsay Lohen. I’m still at the movies but it’s not nearly as much fun as I thought it was. My popcorn is probably stale too.
The other book I’m reading is Confederates in the Attic which is amazing but also very disturbing. It’s all about how for some people in the American south the Civil War isn’t over, more like it’s just in a time out. Some very interesting people and stories but also some people that you wish were wearing a sign so that you could know up front the level of hate and anger that they are carrying around.
Well, that’s about it for me for today. I’m going to go find a cool spot and do some more knitting. Hopefully it will also be a fly free zone.