First long weekend of the year and it’s a supersized long weekend! Four days off, four days off, chant it with me! Whoo hoo! Okay, fine, I know it’s not the FIRST long weekend of the year. That would have been New Year’s Day, but really, isn’t that just a tag-a-long to the 15 levels of hell that are the holidays? Exactly! So, as I was saying, it’s the first long weekend of the year! Yay! The full moon this week has made work, erm, interesting to say the least.
Not much going on around here lately. Watching Stella’s ear heal (slowly), trying really hard to do 15 minutes of spinning a day, and getting the household finances in order. Visited the bank yesterday to rewrite the mortgage and roll the renovation line o’ credit into it. I’m not feeling to good about interest rates in the near future, I think the banks are getting ready to hose us, (again), so I wanted to get it all done before that happened. I do hate going to the bank, I always feel like I should have a cap in my hand, be ready to pull on my forelock, and say ‘gov’nor’ a lot.
Oh, and I won this award at work where I get to choose my prize. Not from a preset catalogue or anything, just something tangible (no gift certificates) that you can have to remember. It was awesome when I told them I wanted yarn. I have firmly cemented my spot of the office weirdo. Go me! I did get renewed for another year though so I guess I’m not quite serial killer weird or anything.
I’ve also been thinking about what my favourites are lately too. Favourite movies, favourite books, favourite foods, favourite yarns, etc. (did all the US resident’s heads just explode from all those extra U’s? LOL). To that end, here are my favourite, oh I don’t know, six movies. Keep in mind, these probably are NOT great movies, they are just flickies that I love and have watched over and over again. If I’m channel surfing and hit one of these babies, I will stop and watch them to the end almost every time. In no particular order:
- Resident Evil - liver attached to Doberman Pinschers, need I say more?
- The Quick and the Dead – Sharon Stone (pre-creepy/weird), Leonardo DiCaprio, Dabney Coleman, and Russel Crowe. The level of crazy attractiveness in this movies is almost off the scale.
- Love Actually – Every time Emma Thompson opens the Christmas gift and it’s not the necklace – tears running down my face and don’t even get me started on how cute Colin Firth and Lucia Moniz are together.
- Jane Eyre - Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke. If I’m home sick I’ll either be watching all 239 minutes of this or something with Hugh Grant in it. Try it, the best cold remedy ever.
- Demolition Man – don’t judge me, I love this stupid movie so much. Hubby got it for me for Christmas a few years ago, one of my favourite gifts ever.
- Withnail and I – seriously, if you have not seen this, you really should. Richard E. Grant is brilliant, all the cast are brilliant really. Let’s see if I can find a Youtube video of my favourite scenes….right, my fave bit starts around 1:10 when their drug dealer is telling them about his new foray into the toy industry:
Also, Uncle Monty just might be the best character ever written. So funny.
Brilliant stuff. Seriously, go rent it, steal it, whatever. Just see it.
Right, time for a bit o’ dinner. An maybe a movie. :) And hey, now I want to hear what your faves are. Consider it a meme, name as many as you want and for whatever reasons you want. It’s all very loosey goosey.