Right, list format on account of me being lazy. You guess which one of the above each of these falls into.
- Dad finally went home from the hospital after 32 days. Sort of against medical advice but I ‘spose he’d had just about enough and that was that. Currently he’s spending a lot of time on the couch and they are still trying to figure out what is wrong with him.
- On a related note, y’all are so sweet to send so many good thoughts and internetty hugs. Thanks, it means a lot.
- On flickr today it is apparently Capybara day. Who knew? I do love me some gigantic rodents.
- unrealfred sent me a couple of mixed cd’s over the holidays and I’ve been particularly enjoying this song recently.
How could you not love lyrics like this:
I’ve been a lot of places all around the way
I’ve seen a lot of joy, and I’ve seen a lot of pain
But I don’t want to write a love song for the world
I just want to write a song about a boy and a girl
- Even though we’ve had some cold & freaky weather here this week I am getting ready for this year’s garden. Onion & leek seeds to be planted indoors this weekend.
- I finally cracked out this extra cool Moleskin notebook that I picked up in Ottawa last year. 30th anniversary Pac-Man.
- Complete with cute little stickers. It satisfies my inner geek and my inner child who used to have Jem sticker books. So satisfying.
And that’s just enough about all that. It’s dinner time. Happy Wednesday all.
Okay, you’re going to need a few things.
- minimum one, preferably two or more slightly spastic dogs
- a clear open space so no one gets hurt more than is necessary
- a leaf blower – gas or electric, your choice
- one orange hockey ball – yes orange – better visibility
Turn the leaf blower on high, point it at the sky. Carefully balance the hockey ball in/on the upward shooting column of air. Allow ball to find the sweet spot for floating. Wait for dogs to notice that you have “A BALL!!!!!”
Wait, it's not just a noisy yard implement! There's a BALL!
Almost, almost, almost...
Pretty sure Stell thought she was sneaking up on it in this one.
Enjoy goofy faces the dogs make as their rather floppily lips pass over the upward column of air. Brilliant entertainment that could go on for hours if the dogs had their way.
Lather, rinse, repeat until you can’t stand the barking anymore.
In other news, my dad is doing so much better! Thank you for all the good thoughts and healthful vibes. The steroids seem to be knocking down the inflammation in the colon and that points towards it not being cancer. Amazing huzzah! Still waiting for the biopsy results to be sure but it’s looking so much better than a week ago. He’s also paint free for the first time in weeks and wanting to go home. Amazing, just amazing.
So much tension and stress just kind of melted away with that news. Tonight? It’s celebration time. Lectio, Fred, Jocelyn and I will be watching a movie together via Twitter. A baaaaddddd movie. Clash of the Titans! Happy Saturday everyone.